Pls Help Network Problem

Hi
I am trying to connect 2 pc together with a cross-over cable and share the
internet connection.Now ive gone through th setup wizard on both machines. it
all says connected. the problem is the pc cant see each other.

Hope this makes sence

Thks

You would need to post to a regular networking newsgroup according to the
operating systems involved. This newsgroup only supports Microsoft's
Broadband Networking hardware and software. You might also take a look
around www.practicallynetworked.com, a really wonderful web site for
networking.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am trying to connect 2 pc together with a cross-over cable and share the
> internet connection.Now ive gone through th setup wizard on both machines.
> it
> all says connected. the problem is the pc cant see each other.
>
> Hope this makes sence
>
> Thks

If you buy a wireless router for $10.00 you can connect 4 PC's without
sweating.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org
=======================================

"Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am trying to connect 2 pc together with a cross-over cable and share the
> internet connection.Now ive gone through th setup wizard on both machines.
> it
> all says connected. the problem is the pc cant see each other.
>
> Hope this makes sence
>
> Thks

Is the cable correctly wired? What are your IP settings? Run ipconfig /all

"LsuEdu@bellsouth.net-REMOVE" wrote:

> If you buy a wireless router for $10.00 you can connect 4 PC's without
> sweating.
>
> The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
> absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
> delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to
> be a great power among men.
>
> Winston Churchill - London, England
> http://www.winstonchurchill.org
> =======================================
>
> "Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I am trying to connect 2 pc together with a cross-over cable and share the
> > internet connection.Now ive gone through th setup wizard on both machines.
> > it
> > all says connected. the problem is the pc cant see each other.
> >
> > Hope this makes sence
> >
> > Thks

Wireless = no wires. No wires to correctly wire. Repeat after me,
"Wireless"
=======================================
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use
the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
=======================================
"bondo" <bondo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is the cable correctly wired? What are your IP settings? Run ipconfig /all
>
> "LsuEdu@bellsouth.net-REMOVE" wrote:
>
>> If you buy a wireless router for $10.00 you can connect 4 PC's without
>> sweating.
>>
>> The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
>> his
>> absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
>> delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased
>> be a great power among men.
>>
>> Winston Churchill - London, England
>> http://www.winstonchurchill.org
>> =======================================
>>
>> "Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I am trying to connect 2 pc together with a cross-over cable and share
>> > the
>> > internet connection.Now ive gone through th setup wizard on both
>> > machines.
>> > it
>> > all says connected. the problem is the pc cant see each other.
>> >
>> > Hope this makes sence
>> >
>> > Thks

Really ??? Try reading the question !! Now repeat after me, "Crossover Cable"

"LsuEdu@bellsouth.net-REMOVE" wrote:

> Wireless = no wires. No wires to correctly wire. Repeat after me,
> "Wireless"
> =======================================
> Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use
> the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
> =======================================
> "bondo" <bondo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is the cable correctly wired? What are your IP settings? Run ipconfig /all
> >
> > "LsuEdu@bellsouth.net-REMOVE" wrote:
> >
> >> If you buy a wireless router for $10.00 you can connect 4 PC's without
> >> sweating.
> >>
> >> The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
> >> his
> >> absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
> >> delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased
> >> be a great power among men.
> >>
> >> Winston Churchill - London, England
> >> http://www.winstonchurchill.org
> >>
> >> "Saffa" <Saffa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Post your reply / question under SAFFA's name, not mine.

Sorry I thought you were asking me the question. The fact that in