Attachments get downloaded to temporary internet folder.

When I try to download attachments from Hotmail or try do download anything
from download.com etc, everything gets sent to my temporary internet folder.
I would like to know what I have done for this to happen as it has only
recently started to do this.
What do I have to do to stop this from happening?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:8F5E97D2-F73C-4434-99D3-D831FF3AA54A@microsoft.com,
Vaard <Vaard@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When I try to download attachments from Hotmail or try do download
> anything from download.com etc, everything gets sent to my temporary
> internet folder. I would like to know what I have done for this to
> happen as it has only recently started to do this.
> What do I have to do to stop this from happening?

When you click on the download link and it pops up pick a different
directory.

Galen

Vaard Wrote:
> When I try to download attachments from Hotmail or try do download
> anything
> from download.com etc, everything gets sent to my temporary internet
> folder.
> I would like to know what I have done for this to happen as it has
> only
> recently started to do this.
> What do I have to do to stop this from happening?

When you get the save dialog box and you click on save; don't you get
the option of where to save it to? You Should. I made a new folder
called "Purgatory," and after I save to that folder a few times,
Windows sets it as the default folder to save to.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Treeman, thing is I don't get a dialogue box. I press download and then it
says it's doing something but just for a split second and then nothing at
all. I go into temp folder and it's in there but it won't run as the error
message not a valid win32 application. Any ideas? I can't download avast,
firefox or anything else I want. Urrgh