changing Boot up settings

at the moment my computer is taking ages to start up, it seems as though
there are a lot of programs starting up each time. i know that there is a
function in windows where i can see what software is starting up with
Windows, but cant remember how to get to it. any ideas?

Type MSCONFIG in Start/Run.

How to manage Windows Startup?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

Microsoft Windows XP - Default settings for services:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sys_srv_default_settings.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Jayna" <Jayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> at the moment my computer is taking ages to start up, it seems as though
> there are a lot of programs starting up each time. i know that there is a
> function in windows where i can see what software is starting up with
> Windows, but cant remember how to get to it. any ideas?

Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items

System Explorer, an Advanced Tool available in MS Antispyware is pretty good at identifying startup items.
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509