TECH: Vs. TKO Boxing pcb

I just picked up a vs. TKO Bixing pcb and it is not working. I am not
sure if it is missing a chip or not. Does anyone have a manual that
they could scan so I could see if it is missing a rom and what rom I
need to get to replace it.

Thanks,

Scott

After looking at some other boards (not tko boxing). It appears that I
am missing the security chip (PP0) and the rom that sits at (PRG2)

I just looked at my TKO board and there is no IC at PRG2, so you are
only missing the security IC. This is the same one that is used on
balloon fight, Dr Mario, excitebike, soccer and the goonies. If you
have any of those sets, swap ICs and see if TKO works. Also, on mine I
have all 4 of the daughterboard DIP switches set to ON.

Mark

clanggedin wrote:
> After looking at some other boards (not tko boxing). It appears that
> am missing the security chip (PP0) and the rom that sits at (PRG2)

Thanks for the info about the PRG2 slot. I'm just missing the security
chip (PPU) i guess.

I am having trouble seating the daughter board to the main board. It's
like the pins just don't want to go in the slots. I thought it would
just slide in like the other eproms, but for the life of me I just
can't get it to seat correctly.

I have a security chip on a Ladies golf that i'm not using right now.
I'll try and see if that will work.

[...]

OK I finally seated the daughter board to the main board and installed
the ladies golf IC. The game now comes up and is playable, but
everything but the player 1 is purple. The crowd is purple istead of
black. I tried reseating the 2 eproms, but that didn't help. I didn't
try and reseat the daughterboard or the ram chip next to the security
chip.

What else should I try before I order a new set of eproms?

I had the chance to reseat the daughterboard, but everything is still
purple. If I switch DIP #6 on the board then everything turns green. I
know that the main board is good, but I'm not sure which eprom or deals
with colors on the TKO board. There are inly 2 chips, so I don't know
which one is faulty.

It's good to see that the board works. Unfortunately, the Ladies Golf
PPU is different than the TKO one. This is the cause of the colors
being off. I tried my ladies golf PPU in the TKO board and got all
purple too. There are 5-6 different PPU types and they are not all
compatible. I ran the board with all 8 main board DIP switches down.
If you get the right series PPU it should work fine. Balloon Fight,
Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Soccer, and the Goonies are all the correct
types.

Mark

clanggedin wrote:
> I had the chance to reseat the daughterboard, but everything is still
> purple. If I switch DIP #6 on the board then everything turns green.
> know that the main board is good, but I'm not sure which eprom or
deals
> with colors on the TKO board. There are inly 2 chips, so I don't know
> which one is faulty.

Thanks for the info. I have an Excitebike PPU that I will try. Thanks
again