Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about unplugging your notebook during mid-charge

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 2, 2012 9:11:35 AM

I have always been wondering; is it okay to unplug the charger from your notebook when the battery is not yet fully charged? I heard that it can impact your battery life and cause it to leak sometimes. Is this true?
a b D Laptop
July 2, 2012 10:15:04 AM

yes you can unplug it, no its not going to hurt it, no its not going to "leak" whatever whoever told you that meant.
m
l
July 2, 2012 10:27:53 AM

Hahahaha, where I'm from we call batteries which are broken and drains quickly as a "leaked" battery. It's not going to turn out that way isn't it?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
July 2, 2012 12:05:26 PM

ah... I was picturing a leaking alkaline LOL.

lithium batteries do not develop memory. the charge cycle is irrelevant. they actually do better when not fully discharged or charged, but don't worry to much about the charging. the absolute worst thing you can do to hurt a.laptops battery life is leave it in while your plugged in and using it for extended periods. laptop batteries decay faster when stored fully charged, and when subjected to heat, which is exactly what happens when your plugged in. obviously you aren't going to take it in and out constantly, but for instance if you leave it plugged in and turned on on your desk for a week at a time you should remove the battery while its partially charged and store it

lots of technical stuff here

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolo...
July 2, 2012 2:18:44 PM

Awesome answers, cheers everyone!
m
l
July 2, 2012 2:18:51 PM

Best answer selected by vince5190.
m
l
!