Inspiron 3800 Battery Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble with the battery for an Inspiron 3800. When I put
the battery in without the AC adaptor, the machine will not power up.

If I plug in the AC adaptor, the battery LED blinks in orange color.
Both the system BIOS and XP recognize the battery and the percentage of
the power left. If I unplug the AC adaptor while it is on, the battery
doesn't kick in.

On the battery itself, the panel of green LED lit up when I press the
test button.

Not sure what is going on and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your
insights.

Terry
1 answer Last reply
More about inspiron 3800 battery problem

    The battery is dead - replace it with a new one.

    Terry wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having trouble with the battery for an Inspiron 3800. When I put
    > the battery in without the AC adaptor, the machine will not power up.
    >
    > If I plug in the AC adaptor, the battery LED blinks in orange color.
    > Both the system BIOS and XP recognize the battery and the percentage of
    > the power left. If I unplug the AC adaptor while it is on, the battery
    > doesn't kick in.
    >
    > On the battery itself, the panel of green LED lit up when I press the
    > test button.
    >
    > Not sure what is going on and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your
    > insights.
    >
    > Terry

Dell Battery Inspiron LED Monitor Computers