City Fido Question? (does existing cell# have to be swtich..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 6, 2004 11:47:41 AM

I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
fido make you change your existing fido cell number.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 3:25:38 PM

You get to keep your existing Fido number. You could even get your landline
number switched to your Fido account.

CU

"lance" <lancejobline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
> and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
> Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
> fido make you change your existing fido cell number.

---
May 8, 2004 3:21:31 AM

When is this introduction going to take place?

"lance" <lancejobline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
> and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
> Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
> fido make you change your existing fido cell number.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 3:44:23 AM

CIty Fido was introduced last Oct.

> When is this introduction going to take place?
>

> "lance" <lancejobline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
> > and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
> > Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
> > fido make you change your existing fido cell number.

May 8, 2004 10:43:26 AM

"mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<rbVmc.407807$Ig.138118@pd7tw2no>...
> CIty Fido was introduced last Oct.
>
> > When is this introduction going to take place?

....accoring Fido reps, it should be introduced in Toronto in the next
few months. My guess is they will wait till christmas time, or maybe
prior to that. It will be the same service offered out in Vancouver.

> > "lance" <lancejobline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
> > > and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
> > > Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
> > > fido make you change your existing fido cell number.

May 8, 2004 11:15:00 AM

"mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<rbVmc.407807$Ig.138118@pd7tw2no>...
> CIty Fido was introduced last Oct.
>
> > When is this introduction going to take place?

Yes, City Fido was introduced in Vancouver last Oct. But, in Ontario,
it is not available. Not sure if you were trying to be a smartass, or
really didn't know about "when is this introduction going to take
place". I'll assume you were just asking a question.

By the way, I've found the answer to my original question, and no, you
don't switch your existing fido cell number when you go from your
monthly fido plan to City Fido(again, when it's "introduced")....

> > "lance" <lancejobline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I would like to know when I change my exisiting fido cell phone plan
> > > and sign up for the city fido service when it is introduced here in
> > > Ontario, does your existing fido phone number stay the same, or does
> > > fido make you change your existing fido cell number.

Anonymous
May 8, 2004 10:57:36 PM

lance wrote:
> ...accoring Fido reps, it should be introduced in Toronto in the next
> few months. My guess is they will wait till christmas time, or maybe
> prior to that. It will be the same service offered out in Vancouver.

It will be interesting to see if the fees are the same. With Bell, the basic
local telephone service is charged according to how many other
telephones/people you can reach with a local call. So for Fido, City Fido in
Toronto should give you access to a greater number of telephone numbers since
the metro area will contain more residents.
May 9, 2004 5:48:39 PM

JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message news:<b31a61b5061b58dbeac48b497d48b7a6@news.teranews.com>...
> lance wrote:
> > ...accoring Fido reps, it should be introduced in Toronto in the next
> > few months. My guess is they will wait till christmas time, or maybe
> > prior to that. It will be the same service offered out in Vancouver.
>
> It will be interesting to see if the fees are the same. With Bell, the basic
> local telephone service is charged according to how many other
> telephones/people you can reach with a local call. So for Fido, City Fido in
> Toronto should give you access to a greater number of telephone numbers since
> the metro area will contain more residents.

rumour has it that City Fido in the GTA area will be $10.00 more than
it is in Vancouver when Fido brings it to Toronto. I can't confirm the
figure for sure, but I've asked around, and it seems, Fido will charge
more for the service because of the larger population of the
GTA(especially, toronto)
!