Windows Media Player Launches at Startup and Locks up

April 25, 2005 10:49:05 AM

When windows xp professional starts Windows media player launches
automatically and the program locks up.
I have gone to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB,
to uncheck windows media player. Now it does not launch you get the message
about config being temporally modified.
Is there a way to remove it so you dont see it in the start up list in
msconfig.
--
Al
April 25, 2005 2:51:24 PM

In news:C4C66C07-FE15-4678-AF24-4212BA960202@microsoft.com,
Alan <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When windows xp professional starts Windows media player launches
> automatically and the program locks up.
> I have gone to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP
> TAB, to uncheck windows media player. Now it does not launch you get
> the message about config being temporally modified.
> Is there a way to remove it so you dont see it in the start up list in
> msconfig.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Try his startup control panel which will remove the item and then not leave
you with prompts about it being in selective mode.

Galen