Windows Media Player Launches at Startup and Locks up

When windows xp professional starts Windows media player launches
automatically and the program locks up.
I have gone to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB,
to uncheck windows media player. Now it does not launch you get the message
about config being temporally modified.
Is there a way to remove it so you dont see it in the start up list in
msconfig.
--
Al
1 answer Last reply

    In news:C4C66C07-FE15-4678-AF24-4212BA960202@microsoft.com,
    Alan <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > When windows xp professional starts Windows media player launches
    > automatically and the program locks up.
    > I have gone to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP
    > TAB, to uncheck windows media player. Now it does not launch you get
    > the message about config being temporally modified.
    > Is there a way to remove it so you dont see it in the start up list in
    > msconfig.

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Try his startup control panel which will remove the item and then not leave
    you with prompts about it being in selective mode.

    Galen

Media Player Msconfig Windows XP