Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How to delete mulitple email using Telnet

Tags:
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Command Prompt
  • Telnet
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 25, 2005 5:56:18 PM

I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
emails (such as stuck emails).

I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to delete
email 2.

Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.

I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get the
command right, to delete them all in one go,

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

More about : delete mulitple email telnet

April 25, 2005 5:56:19 PM

"Steve" <stevencoates@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4isu2$3r6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
>emails (such as stuck emails).
>
> I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
> delete email 2.
>
> Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
>
> I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
> the command right, to delete them all in one go,
>
> Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1939.txt
DELE command is on page 8.
Takes one argument which is the relative index number of a message.

Telnet obviously is not a POP3 client. If you used a POP3 client, it
might have the feature where you can select multiple messages and have
it issue the multiple DELE commands for you.

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.
April 25, 2005 10:43:09 PM

In news:D 4isu2$3r6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com,
Steve <stevencoates@btinternet.com> did some thinking and came up with these
words:
> I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete
> individual emails (such as stuck emails).
>
> I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
> delete email 2.
>
> Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
>
> I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
> the command right, to delete them all in one go,
>
> Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Steve

Unless you are stuck on using telnet, you can use http://www.mail2web.com/
and have a GUI interface to work with.