How to delete mulitple email using Telnet

I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
emails (such as stuck emails).

I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to delete
email 2.

Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.

I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get the
command right, to delete them all in one go,

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance,

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about delete mulitple email telnet

    "Steve" <stevencoates@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
    >emails (such as stuck emails).
    >
    > I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
    > delete email 2.
    >
    > Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
    >
    > I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
    > the command right, to delete them all in one go,
    >
    > Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

    ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1939.txt
    DELE command is on page 8.
    Takes one argument which is the relative index number of a message.

    Telnet obviously is not a POP3 client. If you used a POP3 client, it
    might have the feature where you can select multiple messages and have
    it issue the multiple DELE commands for you.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

    In news:d4isu2$3r6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com,
    Steve <stevencoates@btinternet.com> did some thinking and came up with these
    words:
    > I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete
    > individual emails (such as stuck emails).
    >
    > I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
    > delete email 2.
    >
    > Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
    >
    > I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
    > the command right, to delete them all in one go,
    >
    > Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Steve

    Unless you are stuck on using telnet, you can use http://www.mail2web.com/
    and have a GUI interface to work with.

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

Internet Service Providers Command Prompt Telnet Windows XP