How to delete mulitple email using Telnet

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
emails (such as stuck emails).

I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to delete
email 2.

Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.

I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get the
command right, to delete them all in one go,

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Steve" <stevencoates@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete individual
>emails (such as stuck emails).
>
> I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
> delete email 2.
>
> Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
>
> I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
> the command right, to delete them all in one go,
>
> Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1939.txt
DELE command is on page 8.
Takes one argument which is the relative index number of a message.

Telnet obviously is not a POP3 client. If you used a POP3 client, it
might have the feature where you can select multiple messages and have
it issue the multiple DELE commands for you.

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

In news:d4isu2$3r6$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com,
Steve <stevencoates@btinternet.com> did some thinking and came up with these
words:
> I am able to use Telnet to get into my ISP server and delete
> individual emails (such as stuck emails).
>
> I can do individual ones using the dele command such as dele 2 to
> delete email 2.
>
> Have been unable to delete more than one at at time.
>
> I have tried dele all, dele 1-100 and dele * but cannot seem to get
> the command right, to delete them all in one go,
>
> Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Steve

Unless you are stuck on using telnet, you can use http://www.mail2web.com/
and have a GUI interface to work with.