Task Manager disabled!

I am using Windows XP home edition and every time it push Ctrl, Alt, Delete
to start the task manager I get a message that says my task manager has been
disabled by my administrator. I have tried to start it from the task bar by
right clicking and I can see "task manager" in the options but it is shaded
gray instead of black so I cannot click on it. I have looked everywhere on
the computer to try to find out how to enable the task manager once again but
am having no luck. Any suggestions? By the way, my husband has a seperate
log in page on the same computer and his task manager works just fine!
Thanks a bunch in advance.

Angie
1 answer Last reply
More about task manager disabled

    Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "erbstok" wrote:

    | I am using Windows XP home edition and every time it push Ctrl, Alt, Delete
    | to start the task manager I get a message that says my task manager has been
    | disabled by my administrator. I have tried to start it from the task bar by
    | right clicking and I can see "task manager" in the options but it is shaded
    | gray instead of black so I cannot click on it. I have looked everywhere on
    | the computer to try to find out how to enable the task manager once again but
    | am having no luck. Any suggestions? By the way, my husband has a seperate
    | log in page on the same computer and his task manager works just fine!
    | Thanks a bunch in advance.
    |
    | Angie

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP