System Restore - not enough disc space?

April 25, 2005 7:36:25 PM

XP Home SP2 - System Restore

Every day Event Viewer is showing 2 entries
under Source: srservice

FIRST entry shows that System Restore has been
suspended because of lack of hard drive space.

Then a couple of hours later the SECOND entry
shows that System Restore has been enabled
because now there is enough FREE disc space.

I'm confused as my main drive (C) has 38GB of
free space.

System Restore will only hold 2 restore points.

I have had the system from new (2 years ago)
and I have never been able to go back a month
and check for other restore points. It just won't
let me.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Stephen

--
Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.
Anonymous

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:36:25 +0100, "Stephen"
<stephen@knight04july.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:

>XP Home SP2 - System Restore
>
>Every day Event Viewer is showing 2 entries
>under Source: srservice
>
>FIRST entry shows that System Restore has been
>suspended because of lack of hard drive space.
>
>Then a couple of hours later the SECOND entry
>shows that System Restore has been enabled
>because now there is enough FREE disc space.
>
>I'm confused as my main drive (C) has 38GB of
>free space.
>
>System Restore will only hold 2 restore points.
>
>I have had the system from new (2 years ago)
>and I have never been able to go back a month
>and check for other restore points. It just won't
>let me.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks, Stephen
>

> --
>Outgoing emails automatically scanned by Norton Antivirus.

I have been living with exactly the same problem for six months or
more. To date I have found no solutions. Another OP posted the same
problem and said he had tried a WINXP 'repair' op without solving the
problem. I am coming to the conclusion the only way to fix this
problem is a complete reinstallation.

You will likely get the standard responses to your post i.e. run AVP,
Ad-Aware, reinstall SR (sr.inf). I have tried them all but without
solving the problem, you may have better luck of course, but I doubt
it.

If you ever do find a solution to this problem I would be grateful if
you will let me know.
!