Closed

My Drive E (CD & DVD Burner) Has Disappeared

Hi,
I had a problem yesterday where my C drive disappeared and someone wrote in
and told me to download and run Tweak UI. Now my E drive has disappeared and
I'm no longer able to burn CDs. I've tried to select drive E in Tweah UI and
nothing is happening. Please help. Thanks.

JB70
3 answers Last reply
More about drive burner disappeared

    Restore CD/DVD Drives to Windows Explorer: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56530079-4658-4875-AABE-BE357AED63CD@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I had a problem yesterday where my C drive disappeared and someone wrote in
    > and told me to download and run Tweak UI. Now my E drive has disappeared and
    > I'm no longer able to burn CDs. I've tried to select drive E in Tweah UI and
    > nothing is happening. Please help. Thanks.
    >
    > JB70
  2. Quote:

    Restore CD/DVD Drives to Windows Explorer: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    ..
    "jb70" <jb70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56530079-4658-4875-AABE-BE357AED63CD@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I had a problem yesterday where my C drive disappeared and someone wrote in
    > and told me to download and run Tweak UI. Now my E drive has disappeared and
    > I'm no longer able to burn CDs. I've tried to select drive E in Tweah UI and
    > nothing is happening. Please help. Thanks.
    >
    > JB70

    I had similar problem that was solved very quickly using Microsoft "FIX IT" Go to Microsoft's web-site. Easy!
  3. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

DVD Burner CD-Rom Windows XP