Turn off computer ?

April 25, 2005 7:51:12 PM

When I leave my XPpro-SP2 PC unused for a while the screen saver kicks in as
expected. However, when I re-activate it by moving the mouse, I get the
Windows turn off machine box.

Can anyone tell me why?

Nick

More about : turn computer

April 25, 2005 7:51:13 PM

I would wonder about a bug in your screensaver. If you're running a
third-party screensaver, there might be a bug in it. I've had problems with
them before, although not the specific problem you describe. Have you scanned
for viruses lately using an updated pattern file? You might also look in your
Power settings in Display Properties (rightclick the Desktop, select
Properties, select Screen Saver tab, click Power button). See if your power
settings are set weirdly (e.g., for a laptop when it's a desktop, or
something along those lines).

That's what I would look for. I hope it helps. Good luck.

Jo

"NikkJ" wrote:

> When I leave my XPpro-SP2 PC unused for a while the screen saver kicks in as
> expected. However, when I re-activate it by moving the mouse, I get the
> Windows turn off machine box.
>
> Can anyone tell me why?
>
> Nick

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:59:48 PM

I'm running the standard Windows XP screensaver but I think you've solved
the problem. Somehow I seem to have ticked the "ask for password" option on
the screensaver.
Thanks
Nick