maximize all windows

When I am in internet explorer and right click on a link to open it in a new
window, it opens as a small window and not fully maximized.

Win and D are supposed to maximize all windows, but it just hides, and
brings back the windows in their small state.

Is there a key to fully maximize all windows instead of having to go to each
window and clicking on the square box in the upper right corner between the
_ and the X?

I know the Win D technically says it does it, but try it...it just hides and
restores the windows to their origininal size... I want to make them all
full screen.

Thanks.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:aU8be.714$Oz2.711@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net,
Teeny & Allen <chakotay2@earthlink.net> had this to say:

> When I am in internet explorer and right click on a link to open it
> in a new window, it opens as a small window and not fully maximized.
>
> Win and D are supposed to maximize all windows, but it just hides, and
> brings back the windows in their small state.
>
> Is there a key to fully maximize all windows instead of having to go
> to each window and clicking on the square box in the upper right
> corner between the _ and the X?
>
> I know the Win D technically says it does it, but try it...it just
> hides and restores the windows to their origininal size... I want to
> make them all full screen.
>
> Thanks.

I think I know what you want... Close IE... (save this first)

Open IE

Right click on a link on that page

You now have two instance of IE open, close the FIRST one you opened.

Take the new one, the one which is small and ugly, and using the MOUSE in
the lower right and upper left hand corners DRAG the screen to full size. Do
not use the MAXIMIZE feature for this.

Got it?

Okay, now press the CTRL key... Hold it down...

Click the X in the upper right of the screen.

Now it should open that size until some silly webmaster thinks they're able
to define the size of your browser window because they know better than you
do what you want to see and how you want to see it. Don't worry, it will
eventually change to something new or revert to what it was. Just follow the
above and you should be all set from there on out though you'll have to do
it more than one time.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

That is close to what I want. I don't mind them opening small initially so
I can continue to open links on the original page. What I am more
specifically looking for is a way make them all full screen with a keystroke
or mouse command. This way I can open them small, continue to open links on
the original page, then view them all full screen when I have opened the
ones I want.

Allen

In news:n%_be.610$BE3.190@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net,
Teeny & Allen <chakotay2@earthlink.net> had this to say:

> That is close to what I want. I don't mind them opening small
> initially so I can continue to open links on the original page. What
> I am more specifically looking for is a way make them all full screen
> with a keystroke or mouse command. This way I can open them small,
> continue to open links on the original page, then view them all full
> screen when I have opened the ones I want.

Do you mind kiosk mode? If not then open the IE window that you want to use
and press F11. To change back it's F11 again. It doesn't do exactly what you
want and I'm not too sure if anything does.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

No...that's not quite it. I was looking for something which changes all
open windows at once.

Thanks for the suggestions, it was certainly worth a try.

Allen

In news:OJuce.1238$BE3.716@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net,
Teeny & Allen <chakotay2@earthlink.net> had this to say:

> No...that's not quite it. I was looking for something which changes
> all open windows at once.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, it was certainly worth a try.

Well then... (As I'd mentioned I didn't think it would be quite what you
wanted and there's nothing that I'm aware of that's native to the OS that
will do exactly what you want.) You can try this page:

http://www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php?st=maximize+all+windows+at+once&lc=1&action=s

Specifically on that page:

IE New Window Maximizer:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/iemax.html

Which MIGHT be a bit more like you're hopes.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

This will do what I need. Thank you for the info!!!

Allen

In news:RRGde.3539$BE3.3199@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net,
Teeny & Allen <chakotay2@earthlink.net> had this to say:

> This will do what I need. Thank you for the info!!!

No problem and thanks for letting us know what worked.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS