York Auction today

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

How do you know/figure out if they are buybacks? I have always
wondered. Probably something good to know how.

Doug

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I was at the Stooges Convention in Ft Washington PA (nyuk nyuk), but Ron
went for TNT (he took our lone countertop Tetris to sell---it went for $155)
he bought nothing for us, but got 4 pins for himself (2 after the
auction)...he reports it was generally a fiasco--with many many buybacks
with the pins--but thats been generally the case lately at the PA and NJ
auctions....

Philr

Kansas Pinball wrote:
> How do you know/figure out if they are buybacks? I have always
> wondered. Probably something good to know how.
>
> Doug

Best way I can tell is to be there when they wheel machines in and/or
just talk to people
I wasn't sure who was buying back stuff Sat
There was some real junk there Sat- Sorry didn't write down prices but
there was a WCS-94 that you could have put your finger thru the back of
the backbox it was so rotted from moisture, went for over 850.
Fairly nice BS Drac went for either 1025 or 1125.(best machine there my
opinion)
DE simpsons went for over 1200
SOF w/beat PF went for 875
DM w/issues & no tranlite went for over 800
BW w/issues
Several Super Marios(several other Gottliebs too)
RK w/beat PF went around 675
LW3 w/major problems went around 400
RS dirty went Around 1200
I guess there deals for some people

Anyone know what the Alley Cats Bowler went for?

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Did anyone catch what the Flash Gordon went for?
I was there early but got called into work:(

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Flash was a buy back....................But was sold out in the parking lot.

--
Mike S.
http://www.muddeatr.com

<flipperfun@aol.com> wrote in message
> Did anyone catch what the Flash Gordon went for?
> I was there early but got called into work:(

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

You go to all of the auctions and get to know whow the sellers are. Also,
when they keep putting the same numbers on a buch of the games as the
buyers, you know.

You just have to go a LOT (I used to).

Al