Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Window 7 Gigabyte socket 754 motherboard

Last response: in Windows 7
June 26, 2010 1:43:59 PM

Hello,
I have a Gigabyte K8N51GMF motherboard and would like to upgrade my OS to Windows 7. I can't seem to find MB drivers for Windows 7 for this MB
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a c 295 V Motherboard
June 26, 2010 3:45:53 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If the manufacturer's web page don't have drivers is because that mobo don't support Win 7.

U can try with Everest to know the manufacturer of the LAN and Audio chipset and try to look for the driver in the manufacturer's web page.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2010 2:33:45 AM

rickgascoyne said:
Hello,
I have a Gigabyte K8N51GMF motherboard and would like to upgrade my OS to Windows 7. I can't seem to find MB drivers for Windows 7 for this MB

The best resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns and can be used for both hardware and software concerns.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
July 5, 2010 2:03:43 AM

Best answer selected by rickgascoyne.
m
l
July 5, 2010 2:11:32 AM

JessicaD said:
The best resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns and can be used for both hardware and software concerns.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

The reason I am interested in running Windows 7 on such old technology is that the PC's belong to a charity that has very little funds for IT but someone gave them a number of copies of Windows 7 and they would like to employ the new OS. If the MB's won't run Windows 7 then so be it, we will be forced to stick with the current OS until someone donates some newer hardware. The main reason for moving forward is a concern about some of the Apps they run as we are told that support is running out for the versions that run on the current OS and they want to keep running those Apps and feel that moving to a version of the App that is supported on Windows 7 is the best move for them.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 6:04:33 AM

rickgascoyne said:
The reason I am interested in running Windows 7 on such old technology is that the PC's belong to a charity that has very little funds for IT but someone gave them a number of copies of Windows 7 and they would like to employ the new OS. If the MB's won't run Windows 7 then so be it, we will be forced to stick with the current OS until someone donates some newer hardware. The main reason for moving forward is a concern about some of the Apps they run as we are told that support is running out for the versions that run on the current OS and they want to keep running those Apps and feel that moving to a version of the App that is supported on Windows 7 is the best move for them.

I have run windows 7 on a socket 754 Nforce 3 board. Ran just fine and I didn't need to dig up any drivers. It was already onboard.

What hardware are you running?

EDIT: I just noticed you listed the board. Windows 7 will almost certainly run on that hardware. But it came back as socket 939 when I searched. Not that it matters.

Socket 754/939 isn't quite that old. Your fine.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 10:41:14 AM

I should mention that your biggest problem isn't the board or cpu. Its the GPU. Drivers for that may be a problem. What kind of graphics card does this system have?
m
l
!