How to Make a Good Newsgroup Post
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"tina" wrote:

| Why are we unable to read downloaded files?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:E5E1106A-1235-4763-BCE5-0542B5E9F121@microsoft.com,
tina <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Why are we unable to read downloaded files?

Are they text? Are they in your language?

Really, what are you downloading? What type of file is it? What error
messages are you getting?

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

You need to have the same program that created them on your computer or a
comparable reader. It would help if you gave the file extension that you are
trying to read. That is after the file name and is formatted as such:
(.xxx)

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"tina" <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why are we unable to read downloaded files?

In news:E5E1106A-1235-4763-BCE5-0542B5E9F121@microsoft.com,
tina <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up with
these words:
> Why are we unable to read downloaded files?

You didn't pay your dues??? If you give a bit more information, I'm sure
someone here can help you. What files? What file extension do they have?

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

a) using wrong software to view file
b) downloaded in wrong language
c) download file is corrupt or incomplete
d) software to view file is not installed
e) etc...

Without more info, we can't help, with budget cuts, they've confiscated all
the "crystal balls", as they use to much power when trying to read user's
minds, plus the maintenance fee is horrific, the torrential flow of illogic
flowing from a user's mind causes havoc on the "crystal ball" circuitry.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"