Williams power supplies & 4164's??

I just got my Joust up and running, I did the Dram upgrade to the
4164's. My question is, the game fires up and runs fine, then from time
to time the +5 VDC led will go out and the game dies. So more or less
I'm wondering if the extra load of the 4164's now using the +5vdc is too
much for the power supply? or do I just need to rebuild the factory
power supply?

Diamond Dave <grabrr@yahoo.ca> wrote:
: I just got my Joust up and running, I did the Dram upgrade to the
: 4164's. My question is, the game fires up and runs fine, then from time
: to time the +5 VDC led will go out and the game dies. So more or less
: I'm wondering if the extra load of the 4164's now using the +5vdc is too
: much for the power supply? or do I just need to rebuild the factory
: power supply?

Chances are the 4164's use less +5 than the 4116's did...

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Ok, It's just kinda weird, if I leave it off for a bit the power supply
will work again, I guess I'll have to have a look at rebuilding it.

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 23:19:00 -0400, Diamond Dave <grabrr@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>Ok, It's just kinda weird, if I leave it off for a bit the power supply
>will work again, I guess I'll have to have a look at rebuilding it.
A friend of mine told me the header pins HAVE to be reflowed because
they are notorious for having cold solder joints.

--
Eric A.
eavedesianNO_SPAM@comcast.net

Mr. Propane Torch!!

ELV!S,TZ,Cy(l*ne,FH,STTNG,RFM,BH,HS,HS2,B@by-P@c M@n,St&Sp,Strgte,BK
Remove NO_SPAM_ to reply

I have a Sinistar game that was doing the same thing and I found that "My"
problem was that Williams used come poor design Molex connectors. mine has
the wires that slide into the connector and cuts the insulation as it goes
deeper. I had 2 bad connections there. all I did was to remove them snip
them back some and reinsert them problem went away.
"Diamond Dave" <grabrr@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I just got my Joust up and running, I did the Dram upgrade to the
> 4164's. My question is, the game fires up and runs fine, then from time
> to time the +5 VDC led will go out and the game dies. So more or less
> I'm wondering if the extra load of the 4164's now using the +5vdc is too
> much for the power supply? or do I just need to rebuild the factory
> power supply?

TRENDING THREADS