Coin Controls vs Coin Mech Inc.

terry

I've collected a bunch of Coin Mech Inc. coin mechanisms of .984 Token type
that i've been putting in my home arcades. Today I picked up a new arcade
that has a Coin Controls door and coin mechanisms. The Coin Controls
mechanism design has a slightly higher lip at the top where the coin drops
in than does the Coin Mech Inc mechanism. When I swapped in my token mechs
every other token slips past the gap left by the Coin Mech Inc mechanism and
falls inside the cabinet.

There are two slots above this gap in the coin chute so i'm wondering if
there is an adapter or some kind of solution... or does anyone know where I
can get Coin Controls .984 Token mechanisms?

Terry

That's exactly what happens when people use other brands of coin chutes
in a Coin Controls door. The coins fall out past the top entry because
of that design. That's how games end up with a bunch of coins in the
bottom of the cabinet. The Coin Controls chutes (both the metal and
plastic models) have a "shovel" built into the frame casting at the top
of the coin chute itself to act as a guide to prevent coin fallout.
Good luck trying to find Coin Controls brand chutes to fit your door.

terry

You missunderstood or I didn't describe it very well. It is a coin
cointrols chute in a coin controls door that I need coin contorls 984 token
mechanisms to solve my problem, unless there is some kind of adapter to put
on the coin controls chute to cover the gap left by the coin mech inc coin
mechanism.

It's not the chutes that have the "shovel" but the coin cointrols coin
mechanism that has the "shovel" where the coin drops in and is a little
taller than the coin mech inc coin mechanism and covers the gap.

Now, having said that... I am not positive that the coin chutes are coin
controls, but they are in a coin controls door(stickers everywhere), but
when the coin controls coin mechanism is installed there is no gap.

Terry

"Ken Layton" <KLayton888@aol.com> wrote in message
> That's exactly what happens when people use other brands of coin chutes
> in a Coin Controls door. The coins fall out past the top entry because
> of that design. That's how games end up with a bunch of coins in the
> bottom of the cabinet. The Coin Controls chutes (both the metal and
> plastic models) have a "shovel" built into the frame casting at the top
> of the coin chute itself to act as a guide to prevent coin fallout.
> Good luck trying to find Coin Controls brand chutes to fit your door.

The terms "coin chute" and "coin mechanism" are interchangeable. Us
older techs use the term 'coin chute' to describe all coin handling
equipment.

The terms "coin chute" and "coin mechanism" are interchangeable. Us
older techs use the term 'coin chute' to describe all coin handling
equipment.

TRENDING THREADS