Blue Screen SP2 Prescot CPU Soyo Motherboard

a b V Motherboard
April 25, 2005 11:26:04 PM

I have updated to SP2 and everyday I get at least one blue screen. In Event
Viewer Log I get a different error message every time, not consistantly the
same error message so it appears to be erroenous. I know about the SP2
Prescot issue and have updated the latest Bio for my Soyo P4I865PE
motherboard but still get the blue screens. I have rebuilt this system at
least 5 times in the last month, each time completly formatting the hard
drive and starting fresh.
I got so frustrated that I decided to just rebuilt it back to SP1a which is
what my XP Home CD is but even with that I still get the blue screen every
once a couple of days. It's like SP2 is still lurking out there somehow. I
did not have any problems with this unit before upgrading to SP2. I did add
a DVD burner but just to rule that out, I pulled it out of the system and
still had the occassional blue screen.
I build about 2 XP systems a month with clients purchasing their own retail
version of MS XP Home and never had any problems like I am having with this
unit.
ANY IDEAS? The Blue Screen seems to come more frequently with MS Office
2003 installed on top of SP2. Only other programs installed is Norton 2003.
Please HELP.
Bill K.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 26, 2005 12:00:30 AM

Duplicate posting, please see my response in xp.hardware
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

!