Seeing through walls in Halo

CowMan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
I just installed Halo on my computer and noticed within the first couple minutes that I could see through walls! I thought maybe it was an unresolved issue with the first release so I installed the latest patch (1.04) and got no change. Sure, it's nice and all to see enemies coming through doors, but it eats a hell of a lot of CPU and GPU power. I thought maybe it was my video card (Radeon 8500LE 128mb) but it never did this with the Halo demo. I'm running the Catalyst 4.3 version, but I can't upgrade to the 4.5s due to a monitor incompatability that ATI won't resolve (arrogant bastards). Any ideas?

splenda20

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I haven't heard of any problems like that. Did u try going <A HREF="http://www.bungie.net/Forums/topics.aspx?forumID=2" target="_new">here</A>. You'll probably find some good help there, if no one can help you here.

CowMan

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003
Ah. Got it. It seems ATI has a particular issue with my particular graphics card, the 4.3 catalyst suite, and Halo. "There is no current resolution to this problem at this time." Thanks, ATI. Looks like I'll be holding off playing Halo until I can get a new vid card then...bastards.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Re- "Any ideas?"

Catalyst 4.4s

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?