Microsoft Word 2000 - 25 character CD-ROM key number

After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some Trojans,
Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and some
other software. I really need some advise on what to do.

If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I have
been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word asap.

Thanks, Lucy
9 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word 2000 character number

    LUCY48 wrote:
    > After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some
    > Trojans, Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word
    > 2000 and some other software. I really need some advise on what to
    > do.
    >
    > If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I
    > have been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use
    > MS Word asap.

    Truthfully?
    Hope you find them or upgrade or consider doing something questionable to
    make things work.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    You legally own a licence correct? if so any product key should work. may i
    suggest looking on the web for one and using it. It is not illegal as long as
    you have legally bought this software

    "LUCY48@netscape.com" wrote:

    > After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some Trojans,
    > Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and some
    > other software. I really need some advise on what to do.
    >
    > If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I have
    > been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word asap.
    >
    > Thanks, Lucy

    Quentin;
    Not true, any Product Key will NOT work.
    There are different types such a retail and OEM and the differences make
    them incompatible.
    Also you seem to be ignoring activation which could be a problem with a
    stolen key that you suggest.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Quintin" <Quintin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You legally own a licence correct? if so any product key should work. may
    > suggest looking on the web for one and using it. It is not illegal as long
    > as
    > you have legally bought this software
    >
    > "LUCY48@netscape.com" wrote:
    >
    >> After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some
    >> Trojans,
    >> Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and some
    >> other software. I really need some advise on what to do.
    >>
    >> If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I have
    >> been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word
    >> asap.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Lucy

    Lucy;
    Continue searching or you may need to buy it before you can use it.

    If Word 2000 is retail, contact Microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

    If Word 2000 is OEM, contact the seller, Microsoft may not be able to help
    with OEM.

    --

    "LUCY48@netscape.com" <LUCY48@netscape.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:D4D11970-4518-4C3C-9AED-53F1DAB02FF3@microsoft.com...
    > After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some Trojans,
    > Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and some
    > other software. I really need some advise on what to do.
    >
    > If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I have
    > been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word
    > asap.
    >
    > Thanks, Lucy

    There is no activation on any of the "2000" version office software, so this
    wouldn't be an issue...

    > Quentin;
    > Not true, any Product Key will NOT work.
    > There are different types such a retail and OEM and the differences make
    > them incompatible.
    > Also you seem to be ignoring activation which could be a problem with a
    > stolen key that you suggest.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Quintin" <Quintin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > You legally own a licence correct? if so any product key should work.
    may
    > > suggest looking on the web for one and using it. It is not illegal as
    long
    > > as
    > > you have legally bought this software
    > >
    > > "LUCY48@netscape.com" wrote:
    > >
    > >> After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some
    > >> Trojans,
    > >> Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and
    some
    > >> other software. I really need some advise on what to do.
    > >>
    > >> If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I
    have
    > >> been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word
    > >> asap.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks, Lucy

    Is it an OEM version, or a Retail version, and do you "legally" own this
    copy?

    "LUCY48@netscape.com" <LUCY48@netscape.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:D4D11970-4518-4C3C-9AED-53F1DAB02FF3@microsoft.com...
    > After having to reinstall all programs to my computer due to some Trojans,
    > Ilost the 25 character CD-ROM key numbers to Microsoft Word 2000 and some
    > other software. I really need some advise on what to do.
    >
    > If anyone can respond immediately, I would really appreciate it. I have
    > been trying to fix this for days, and I desperately need to use MS Word
    asap.

    > Thanks, Lucy

    Think Magic Marker and write the number on the front of cd... next
    time. :(

    FeMaster wrote:
    > There is no activation on any of the "2000" version office software, so this
    > wouldn't be an issue...

    Not necessarily true. Product Activation was first introduced with
    Microsoft Office SR1, in some countries.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    OK, wasn't aware other countries had activation prior to Office XP...
    Thanks for the correction..

    > FeMaster wrote:
    > > There is no activation on any of the "2000" version office software, so
    this
    > > wouldn't be an issue...
    > >

    > Not necessarily true. Product Activation was first introduced with
    > Microsoft Office SR1, in some countries.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

Microsoft Word CD-Rom Windows XP Product