Unmountable Boot Volume Error

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 26, 2005 12:14:31 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 that I recently got this error on. Windows
won't start in any mode including safe mode. From what I have heard this
might have happened because of a Windows update. Is that correct? I
haven't made any hardware or software changes to the machine. I know how to
re-install my operating system but I was hoping there was a way to get some
files off of it first. Is there a way to do this? Or can I only re-install
and move on? Thanks for any and all help.

Mike

More about : unmountable boot volume error

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:27:24 PM

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(ED):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny