system restore

April 26, 2005 11:51:07 AM

if I CREATE A RESTORE POINT TODAY, IT DISAPPEARS TOMORROW EVEN WHEN I LEAVE
THE COMPUTER ON OVERNIGHT. IVE TRIED THE RELOAD CD SUPPOSEDLY TO RESTORE TO
FACTORY SETTINGS. BUT STILL NO CHANGE.
IVE ALSO TRIED CHECKING SYSTEM PROPERTIES TO SEE IF SYSTEM RESTORE HAD BEEN
DISABLED BUT THERE IS NO TICK IN THE CHECKBOX
I TRIED SYSTEM PROPERTIES TO CHECK DISK SPACE ALLOCATED TO SYSTEM RESTORE
THEN ADJUSTED THE SLIDER TO MAX....ALAS NO CHANGE
FINALLY TRIED RELOAD CD AGAIN...FED UP NOW......HELP!!!!

More about : system restore

April 26, 2005 1:10:03 PM

First, drop the caps, it is considered as shouting and very rude.
How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q302796/

"BILLY" wrote:

> if I CREATE A RESTORE POINT TODAY, IT DISAPPEARS TOMORROW EVEN WHEN I LEAVE
> THE COMPUTER ON OVERNIGHT. IVE TRIED THE RELOAD CD SUPPOSEDLY TO RESTORE TO
> FACTORY SETTINGS. BUT STILL NO CHANGE.
> IVE ALSO TRIED CHECKING SYSTEM PROPERTIES TO SEE IF SYSTEM RESTORE HAD BEEN
> DISABLED BUT THERE IS NO TICK IN THE CHECKBOX
> I TRIED SYSTEM PROPERTIES TO CHECK DISK SPACE ALLOCATED TO SYSTEM RESTORE
> THEN ADJUSTED THE SLIDER TO MAX....ALAS NO CHANGE
> FINALLY TRIED RELOAD CD AGAIN...FED UP NOW......HELP!!!!

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:00:57 AM

Hi Billy,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
the page below along with any other error message generated by System
Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_srauto.ht...

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User