Keyboard types " instead of @

April 26, 2005 2:10:05 PM

For some reason my Acer Travelmate keyboard now types " instead of @ when I
press the Shift & @ keys.
Probably a simple solution but I cant figure it out.
Any ideas?

More about : keyboard types

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:11:26 PM

Somehow it's changed it's region from UK to US or vice versa.

Control Panel, Regional and Language Settings. Make sure you're 'in' the
right country.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Pegasus Host" <PegasusHost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 0A64885-D92D-4EF4-9E63-F7109C34CB2F@microsoft.com...
> For some reason my Acer Travelmate keyboard now types " instead of @ when
> press the Shift & @ keys.
> Probably a simple solution but I cant figure it out.
> Any ideas?

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:37:18 PM

Cari,
Many thanks - I had been transported to the States, but am now happily back
in te UK and my @s are once again @s

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Somehow it's changed it's region from UK to US or vice versa.
>
> Control Panel, Regional and Language Settings. Make sure you're 'in' the
> right country.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Pegasus Host" <PegasusHost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 0A64885-D92D-4EF4-9E63-F7109C34CB2F@microsoft.com...
> > For some reason my Acer Travelmate keyboard now types " instead of @ when
> > press the Shift & @ keys.
> > Probably a simple solution but I cant figure it out.
> > Any ideas?

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:28:40 AM

Pegasus Host Wrote:
> For some reason my Acer Travelmate keyboard now types " instead of @
> when I
> press the Shift & @ keys.
> Probably a simple solution but I cant figure it out.
> Any ideas?

Sounds like you have a UK keyboard driver in use. Check Control Panel,
Regional and language settings.

--
Rik Bean
!