Status
Not open for further replies.

yus_29

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Hi all, i have a problem with my laptop, the brand is compaq presario CQ40. The problem is when i turn on the laptop, it does not appear anything, it is just black, but the power light is on, and i can hear the fan spinning and all except the hard disk light is off. It is the hdd that the culprit? or motherboard? Opinion please.

could be the back light on the lcd has failed..can you with a flashlight see anything on the screen. if not plug a monitor into the laptop use one of the f keys to turn on the ext video port. if the video comes on it the lcd screen.

if the unit under warranty call the laptop vendor up and start an rma. if it out of warranty. try pulling the battery and then reseating the ram with the power not plugged in. if it wont post see if the cpu or heat sink is lose on the laptop.
most times with a laptop the power pin breaks and shorts the laptop out or something on the power board of the laptop fails.

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Yus_29,
I work for HP and if you need assistance with contacting HP please email me your product and contact information to psgsocialmedia@hp.com. Please include in the subject line Attn: Veronica-Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.