mHotkey.exe Abnormal Program Termination

Help please!
Every time I start up Immediately after logging onto my user account I get
the message "mHotkey.exe Abnormal Program Termination" which disappears after
clicking to close the message window. After this everything seems to run O.K.
Sometimes I also get the message "Win32 Generic Host encountered an error and
was forced to close" Is there anything to be concerned about and How can I
get rid of this annoyance. I am running Windows XP home edition with service
pack 2. All assistance greatfully received.

This may indicate a problem with the program your keyboard uses
to assign hot keys. If having access to this feature is important
to you then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software
that came with the keyboard.

If it's not important try the following:

Go to Start -> Run and type regedit in the Open box.
Navigate to each of the following keys:

Look for an entry in the right hand pane for mHotkey.exe. Keep in
mind that you may find it listed in only one of the keys. That's
OK.
Right click on that entry and select delete.
Close the registry editor and reboot to see if the error message
pops up again.

--
Nepatsfan
"Dave C." <DaveC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please!
> Every time I start up Immediately after logging onto my user
> account I get
> the message "mHotkey.exe Abnormal Program Termination" which
> disappears after
> clicking to close the message window. After this everything
> seems to run O.K.
> Sometimes I also get the message "Win32 Generic Host
> encountered an error and
> was forced to close" Is there anything to be concerned about
> and How can I
> get rid of this annoyance. I am running Windows XP home edition
> with service
> pack 2. All assistance greatfully received.

Thanks for the tip I never used hotkeys so did as you suggested. It works for
me Cheers

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> This may indicate a problem with the program your keyboard uses
> to assign hot keys. If having access to this feature is important
> to you then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software
> that came with the keyboard.
>
> If it's not important try the following:
>
> Go to Start -> Run and type regedit in the Open box.
> Navigate to each of the following keys:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> Look for an entry in the right hand pane for mHotkey.exe. Keep in
> mind that you may find it listed in only one of the keys. That's
> OK.
> Right click on that entry and select delete.
> Close the registry editor and reboot to see if the error message
> pops up again.
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Dave C." <DaveC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please!
> > Every time I start up Immediately after logging onto my user
> > account I get
> > the message "mHotkey.exe Abnormal Program Termination" which
> > disappears after
> > clicking to close the message window. After this everything
> > seems to run O.K.
> > Sometimes I also get the message "Win32 Generic Host
> > encountered an error and
> > was forced to close" Is there anything to be concerned about
> > and How can I
> > get rid of this annoyance. I am running Windows XP home edition
> > with service
> > pack 2. All assistance greatfully received.

Glad to hear you've got that fixed.