WtKernel error on startup

April 26, 2005 7:26:01 PM

When booting up windows I get the message "Unable to locate kernel
component". What is this and how do I get rid of it?

More about : wtkernel error startup

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:52:21 PM

Run an "Upgrade" or "Repair"setup.
If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)