WtKernel error on startup

When booting up windows I get the message "Unable to locate kernel
component". What is this and how do I get rid of it?
1 answer Last reply
More about wtkernel error startup

    Run an "Upgrade" or "Repair"setup.
    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
    Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "MarriedMan46" <MarriedMan46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55286A29-F363-4050-90AA-1A1EF42C34C2@microsoft.com...
    > When booting up windows I get the message "Unable to locate kernel
    > component". What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Support Microsoft Components Windows XP