My laptop wont connect to my tv anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky9900

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello, i have a lenovo z575 laptop and up until today i could use it on my tv via hdmi cables. Now the laptop wont recognize the tv. I called lenovo support and they said that even though i have a software and hard ware warrenty this specific problem isnt covered because its a setting. They wont tell me what the setting is unless i pay them 250$ and i think thats absurd, so i was wondering if someone could help me. I have restarted the computer multiple times, tested the hdmi cable, tested the hdmi port on the tv, tested all ports on the laptop including usb, and vga. Please help me.

ricky9900

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

I tested all 3 hdmi ports on the tv with my xbox 360, and ps3. I alternated each console through each port and kept the same cable they all worked fine.

ricky9900

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

Yes i was able to run them simultaneously. I would use the tv to play games/watch movies from my laptop, and it would display in the correct channel. All i had to do was turn the tv on, then plug the cable in and it would show it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Has Amd Catalyst Control Center automatically detected any new software and you have installed?

I suggest this if you haven’t changed anything than something automated has and could be that updating the software might have disabled a TV feature in Catalyst Control Center.

Look under the Desktops and Displays tab in Catalyst Control Center and check if the option "Detect whenever Catalyst Control Center is opened"

This link may help. The interface version may vary albeit the menus should near enough be the same.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/video/P131770/en/options.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.