Help and Support Won't start

Hi

I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on
my PC. The following message appears

"Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".

Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.

Thanks
Dave
4 answers Last reply
More about help support start

    Dave, go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services. Scroll to Help and
    Support>rt click and select Properties>In Startup
    Type Box choose Automatic. Also, while there you can Start the Service
    <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on my
    > PC. The following message appears
    >
    > "Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
    > running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dave

    Start the Help and Support Center service and set it to Automatic. Follow
    these steps:

    Click Start, Run and type Services.msc
    Double-click Help and Support
    Set the Startup type to Automatic
    Start the Service

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on my
    > PC. The following message appears
    >
    > "Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
    > running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".
    >
    > Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dave

    Thanks Rich, it now works. The last line of your mail got cut off. What
    other service were you referring to?

    Regards
    Dave

    Microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    Rich Barry wrote:
    > Dave, go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services. Scroll to Help and
    > Support>rt click and select Properties>In Startup
    > Type Box choose Automatic. Also, while there you can Start the Service
    > <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on my
    >>PC. The following message appears
    >>
    >>"Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
    >>running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".
    >>
    >>Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Dave

Support Microsoft Windows XP