Help and Support Won't start

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi

I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on
my PC. The following message appears

"Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".

Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.

Thanks
Dave

Dave, go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services. Scroll to Help and
Support>rt click and select Properties>In Startup
Type Box choose Automatic. Also, while there you can Start the Service
<user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on my
> PC. The following message appears
>
> "Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
> running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".
>
> Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Start the Help and Support Center service and set it to Automatic. Follow
these steps:

Click Start, Run and type Services.msc
Double-click Help and Support
Set the Startup type to Automatic
Start the Service

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm using XP Home. Lately, I can't access Microsoft Help and Support on my
> PC. The following message appears
>
> "Windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not
> running. To fix this problem, start the service named "help and support".
>
> Can someone please tell me how to start the help and support service.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Thanks Rich, it now works. The last line of your mail got cut off. What
other service were you referring to?

Regards
Dave

Microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support