Sign in with
Your question

How to install windows xp latest laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 5, 2012 11:56:05 PM

i am unable to install windows xp in Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop everytime i try to install up to windows start up nm come a blue screen so could anyone tell me how install windows xp to Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop
a c 248 D Laptop
July 6, 2012 12:38:51 AM

Hi :) 

HOW are you trying to install XP ?? Disc or Usb ?? and what EXACTLY happens ?

All the best Brett :) 
July 6, 2012 12:42:35 AM

More than likely XP does not haver the correct drivers to support your new hardware, Acer *may* have XP divers on there website, or you may havr to sesarch for them individually on the component mfg's web site.
There's a good chance tht the laptop may not be able to run XP because ther are no XP drivers for it.

Jim
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 1:14:20 AM

DownLoad site - But they do not specify which are win 7 and which are win XP (sometimes the driver detects which OS).
http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=33...

As jimpz indicated you need the Disk drive Chipset (XP predates your Chipset so NO deaflt driver means can NOT recognize the HDD). Recomend you get it from Intel. You will need the "F6" driver for Your Mobile IntelĀ® HM55 Express Chipset.
Here is the Intel site:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...
Just select your operating system, then select the F6 driver.

When you start your win XP install you must tell it you have additional drivers. Hopefully you can put them on a Thumbdrive (must be formated Fat32 NOT NFTS.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...

Added, You may be able to change the Bios to IDE mode and that may work - Less desirable method.
July 6, 2012 1:21:51 AM

It's called you upgrade to 7 pro and download the XP mode... Otherwise you're not doing it legally and you others should stop giving advice for that.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 1:39:30 AM

Not true. If he has a valid XP license he's allowed to install it on any one computer he wants. I have a friend with a retail XP, and she can install it on any computer she is currently using. The problem is if XP can handle the hardware....
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 1:56:41 AM

You can try switching SATA port into "legacy mode" in BIOS, but even then, you will have hard time finding all required drivers (I doubt this laptop has any XP supported drivers)
a c 248 D Laptop
July 6, 2012 6:43:27 PM

4745454b said:
Not true. If he has a valid XP license he's allowed to install it on any one computer he wants. I have a friend with a retail XP, and she can install it on any computer she is currently using. The problem is if XP can handle the hardware....

Lol...no she cant.... XP is precisely the same legally as 7 ...ONE key = ONE machine.... ONLY....

a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 7:03:50 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Lol...no she cant.... XP is precisely the same legally as 7 ...ONE key = ONE machine.... ONLY....

If he has a retail copy, then he can legally transfer ir it from a dead(no longer has XP) system to a new system. An OEM license is married to a system and can't be transferred.
July 6, 2012 10:10:15 PM

If they don't understand how to install XP,(more so how stupid it is to put it on a new machine) I highly doubt they know how Microsoft licensing works. For all we know they could be using a random Dell restore CD or something retarded.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 11:20:25 PM

viaam said:
i am unable to install windows xp in Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop everytime i try to install up to windows start up nm come a blue screen so could anyone tell me how install windows xp to Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop

Take it back where you bought it and ask them to do it for you.
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2012 12:56:02 AM

Sephypoo73 - There are a few reasons for using XP. I have it on a couple of machines at work, In Fact I have three system runing win 3.11
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2012 1:26:42 AM

Doesn't need to be a dead machine ss202. You can always format a good one and install on new machine. (or upgrade) But yes, a retail copy of windows isn't tied to one machine.
July 27, 2012 6:55:59 PM

Quote from RetiredChief above; "You may be able to change the Bios to IDE mode and that may work - Less desirable method." This is what I did to test install XP Pro on my Acer laptop. I had the same blue screen prior to changing the BIOS. Give it a try, it worked for me.
!