nVidia driver issues again!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, you guys remember the MVP3 chipset maybe, but if you don't, it had issues with nVidia graphics cards. They were eventually patched with chipset drivers, BIOS updates, and driver updates. But I won't be loading any 4-in-1 drivers because half the time they make 98SE unbootable and unfixable, I'll be using the standard drivers in 98SE. So I've tried various nVidia drivers, some cause BSOD's, some cause boot failures, and some cause 3D applications to lock up.

VIA chipsets are the main reason people thought 98SE was unstable by the way. This hasn't been an issue on any other chipset brand for me, ever, out of over a thousand systems built.

So the card is a GeForce2 GTS, the chipset is an MVP3, and I'm looking for a driver revision that will make it work. Right now I'm stuck with an even WORSE card, an ATI Rage 128, to make the system stable.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Building a set top box!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>