Cant BOOT HELP PLZ

April 26, 2005 11:45:01 PM

I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They didnt
work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the computer is
newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with the
CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first Boot
device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I then
restart. and it loads as normal again.
My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the help.

More about : boot plz

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:43:49 AM

Sounds as you are doing it correctly, the only thing you haven't made clear
is when you say you restart.

Do it just like you are:
When you boot the first time from the CD and you get the message "Boot from
CD" Press any key then hit the space bar.
It will load some files then you will be prompted to press F8 to accept the
license agreement.
Then your Partition with XP will show up on the screen, at this point you
will highlight the partition that you want to reformat, then you will delete
that partition and then create a new one (at this time you can create as
many as you want) then choose the partition you wish to install XP on and
press enter to install. It will load all the files then restart, at this
time do not press any key when you see the Boot From CD message.

--
Good Day
River Rat

"Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They didnt
work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the computer is
newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with the
CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first Boot
device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I
then
restart. and it loads as normal again.
My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:43:50 AM

I dont get that far. I put the Boot CD in and then restart the comp. I
press F2 and go boot from CD. Then the comp just turns on as normal with
nothing happening. ???? No message comes up saying "Boot from CD" or press
any key to continue.

"River_Rat" wrote:

> Sounds as you are doing it correctly, the only thing you haven't made clear
> is when you say you restart.
>
> Do it just like you are:
> When you boot the first time from the CD and you get the message "Boot from
> CD" Press any key then hit the space bar.
> It will load some files then you will be prompted to press F8 to accept the
> license agreement.
> Then your Partition with XP will show up on the screen, at this point you
> will highlight the partition that you want to reformat, then you will delete
> that partition and then create a new one (at this time you can create as
> many as you want) then choose the partition you wish to install XP on and
> press enter to install. It will load all the files then restart, at this
> time do not press any key when you see the Boot From CD message.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They didnt
> work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the computer is
> newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with the
> CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first Boot
> device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I
> then
> restart. and it loads as normal again.
> My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
> scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the help.

April 27, 2005 3:46:19 AM

If this is the case then you will need to make sure CD-Rom Drive cables are
connected good.
Does the CD-Rom light come on when the computer boots?
Rom drives do quit working without warning.
Go to the BIOS and make sure the CD-Rom is set to boot before the HDD.

--

"River_Rat" wrote:

> Sounds as you are doing it correctly, the only thing you haven't made
> clear
> is when you say you restart.
>
> Do it just like you are:
> When you boot the first time from the CD and you get the message "Boot
> from
> CD" Press any key then hit the space bar.
> It will load some files then you will be prompted to press F8 to accept
> the
> license agreement.
> Then your Partition with XP will show up on the screen, at this point you
> will highlight the partition that you want to reformat, then you will
> delete
> that partition and then create a new one (at this time you can create as
> many as you want) then choose the partition you wish to install XP on and
> press enter to install. It will load all the files then restart, at this
> time do not press any key when you see the Boot From CD message.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They
> didnt
> work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the computer
> is
> newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with
> the
> CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first
> Boot
> device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I
> then
> restart. and it loads as normal again.
> My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
> scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 3:46:20 AM

CR-Rom is set to boot before HDD. And yes the CD-Rom drive does work. It
still burns, loads, installs other stuff. It just wont boot on my Win Xp CD.
or On my QuickRestore CD. Any suggestions?

"River_Rat" wrote:

> If this is the case then you will need to make sure CD-Rom Drive cables are
> connected good.
> Does the CD-Rom light come on when the computer boots?
> Rom drives do quit working without warning.
> Go to the BIOS and make sure the CD-Rom is set to boot before the HDD.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I dont get that far. I put the Boot CD in and then restart the comp. I
> press F2 and go boot from CD. Then the comp just turns on as normal with
> nothing happening. ???? No message comes up saying "Boot from CD" or press
> any key to continue.
>
> "River_Rat" wrote:
>
> > Sounds as you are doing it correctly, the only thing you haven't made
> > clear
> > is when you say you restart.
> >
> > Do it just like you are:
> > When you boot the first time from the CD and you get the message "Boot
> > from
> > CD" Press any key then hit the space bar.
> > It will load some files then you will be prompted to press F8 to accept
> > the
> > license agreement.
> > Then your Partition with XP will show up on the screen, at this point you
> > will highlight the partition that you want to reformat, then you will
> > delete
> > that partition and then create a new one (at this time you can create as
> > many as you want) then choose the partition you wish to install XP on and
> > press enter to install. It will load all the files then restart, at this
> > time do not press any key when you see the Boot From CD message.
> >
> > --
> > Good Day
> > River Rat
> >

> > "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They
> > didnt
> > work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the computer
> > is
> > newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with
> > the
> > CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first
> > Boot
> > device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I
> > then
> > restart. and it loads as normal again.
> > My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
> > scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:14:02 AM

If you have 6 floppy disk then you can create a XP boot disk and make it
boot that way.
How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q310994

--

news:D 0B5325A-4E92-4063-A135-13CD716ED659@microsoft.com...

"River_Rat" wrote:

> If this is the case then you will need to make sure CD-Rom Drive cables
> are
> connected good.
> Does the CD-Rom light come on when the computer boots?
> Rom drives do quit working without warning.
> Go to the BIOS and make sure the CD-Rom is set to boot before the HDD.
>
> --
> Good Day
> River Rat
>

> "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I dont get that far. I put the Boot CD in and then restart the comp. I
> press F2 and go boot from CD. Then the comp just turns on as normal with
> nothing happening. ???? No message comes up saying "Boot from CD" or
> press
> any key to continue.
>
> "River_Rat" wrote:
>
> > Sounds as you are doing it correctly, the only thing you haven't made
> > clear
> > is when you say you restart.
> >
> > Do it just like you are:
> > When you boot the first time from the CD and you get the message "Boot
> > from
> > CD" Press any key then hit the space bar.
> > It will load some files then you will be prompted to press F8 to accept
> > the
> > license agreement.
> > Then your Partition with XP will show up on the screen, at this point
> > you
> > will highlight the partition that you want to reformat, then you will
> > delete
> > that partition and then create a new one (at this time you can create as
> > many as you want) then choose the partition you wish to install XP on
> > and
> > press enter to install. It will load all the files then restart, at this
> > time do not press any key when you see the Boot From CD message.
> >
> > --
> > Good Day
> > River Rat
> >

> > "Troubled User" <TroubledUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > I am trying to reformat my comp. I tried with QuickRestore CDs. They
> > didnt
> > work. I tried with XP CD. It just says that the version on the
> > computer
> > is
> > newer then the version i am trying to install. It tells me to boot with
> > the
> > CD. So i turn off the comp. Press F2. I put the CD-Rom as the first
> > Boot
> > device. Then i press F10 to save and exit. Xp then loads as normal. I
> > then
> > restart. and it loads as normal again.
> > My question is how do i boot!???????? And How do i start my comp from
> > scratch again. i am apperantly not doing it right. Thanks for the
> > help.

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:38:17 PM

Thanks River_Rat. I did the six disk thing and it worked prefectly.

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:21:37 PM

You are Welcome

Glad you got it up and running.