Hey everyone, my friend is looking to buy a laptop. He is on a budget and doesnt exactly know what to get.
1. What is your budget? $300-420
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any but not too small 13in +
3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesnt matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? He has a desktop that he uses for gaming (Starcraft 2, WoW, Diablo 3 etc) but he wants a solid laptop that can run those games on probably low settings when he is on the go.
5. How much battery life do you need? Doesnt matter but hopefully wont need to be plugged in all the time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Like I said SC2, WoW, Diablo 3 mainly. I know with his budget he for sure wont get medium so maybe low to low-medium?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Surfing the web, school, mainly gaming.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? at least 150gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have looked at tigetdirect and newegg to help him out but any site will do.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? I'm sure as long as he can, maybe 2 years +
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesnt matter but does need to play Cd's and Dvds
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference
13. What country do you live in? US, Bay Area
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Im not sure when he is exactly planning on getting it but probably before the end of summer. I have thought about telling him about selling his desktop so he could get more money into his laptop. He could probably get around $250 maybe with the monitor since his desktop is older. I think this would allow him to get a better laptop and be able to play some of the games at medium settings.
That looks helpful but I dont see anything that could be helpful to my friend. I noticed the monitor but he needs a laptop. I also saw the other laptops but those are too expensive. But I will tell my friend to keep on eye on the deal of the day page. Thanks!
Any other help or advice is greatly appreciated!