USB 2.0 High Speed stopped working

hi,
I am using a T41 with Windows XP+ SP1 + SP2. Recently my USB ports give me
the error message "This device could perform faster..." whenever I plug a USB
2.0 device into my USB ports. The problem has only occured recently (could be
an automatic update gone wrong). All USB 2.0 devices used to work fine at
high speed. Now the speed also has clearly dropped. The error occurs with all
USB 2.0 devices (tried external HDs which are externally powered,
thumbdrives).

Any hints as to what could be the cause of the problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Hello,
I have a T40 with Win XP+SP2, I have experienced the same exact problem. A
few weeks ago, all of my 2.0 devices were recognized, today none of them can
find a 2.0 port on my T40. I have tried the IBM updates and uninstalling all
of the drivers. Still no luck.

"Tobes" wrote:

> hi,
> I am using a T41 with Windows XP+ SP1 + SP2. Recently my USB ports give me
> the error message "This device could perform faster..." whenever I plug a USB
> 2.0 device into my USB ports. The problem has only occured recently (could be
> an automatic update gone wrong). All USB 2.0 devices used to work fine at
> high speed. Now the speed also has clearly dropped. The error occurs with all
> USB 2.0 devices (tried external HDs which are externally powered,
> thumbdrives).
>
> Any hints as to what could be the cause of the problem would be greatly
> appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS