diablo 2 open battlenet

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
i have a question about openbattle.net. my nephew lives in florida (i live in new hampshire) and he wanted to play d2 w/me so i can help him get passed a few areas. i have a level 60 sorcoress w/over 15 points on frozen orb. he has set up the game and then i log on but i can't find the game. i tried both upper and lower case letters. and no matter what i do it keeps coming up invalid game name. anyone got any ideas about it?

p.s. both are hardcore characters. he also had his friend and his friends girlfriend w/him on it and she lives in ohio. she had no problem finding it.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Sounds like a firewall issue.

What's your provider, type (Cable/Dsl/dialup), and os? Also, are you running any software that you are aware of that has anything to do with networking?

P4's @ 3600Mhz ()wNz J00 4LL!!!!!!

matrix20109

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I'm the nephew that he was trying to play with. I live in an apartment with two other people and we use a cable router with a built in firewall. I know we cannot play a TCP/IP game, because the firewall blocks it. However, I made a game on regular battlenet with my roomate and his girlfriend who lives in Ohio. She could log into the game fine. Would Open battlenet have some restriction on seeing a game I made where regular battlenet does not?

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
i'm on a 56k modem using earthlink on a local number. i'm also using windows 98se. the only thing i have running is systemsuite 4.0 but it's not set-up to automaticaly go on start-up. i'm not sure what my nephew uses.

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
its possible, there are so many different master servers on open battle.net that it could be hard to find each other. However, you may be able to get around your firewall using port forwarding. What router do you have?

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>