Video Editing Checklist Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello -

I'm new to VE and having a rough time sorting out the correct configuration to import video, or for that matter finding decent documentation. I have an A7V with Win2000 and an Asus v6600 Deluxe Geforce. Here's what I'm trying to set up:

1) I installed a Western Digital Firewire card.
2) trying to get my girlfriends Sharp VL-SD20 digital camcorder to work with it.
3) using the Ulead 4.0 SE shovelware version that shipped with the WD firewire for starters to learn the basics (But I also have full version of Premiere 5.5 to use at some point).

Anyway I'm encountering a VD driver problem (I'm using the built-in Win2000 one) running Ulead 4.0 SE that kills the proggie. Does this mean I need to install the Sharp Cam first/find a Sharp driver? If thats the case I'm screwed because all I can find on the Sharp CD is a Win 98 Twain and Sharp does not provide any form of support, download driver or otherwise.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

<font color=blue>Jim - Retired A7V Beta Tester (or thats how it feels)</font color=blue> :cool:

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
What Firewire Driver are you using?

I use the MS OHCI driver NOT the TI OHCI driver.

I found that the camera was not detected under the TI driver (which was default 1394 driver under 2K).

Change the driver and reboot, start the camera into VCR mode and (hopefully) you will get a new hardware device class of Imaging Device - including your Sharp DV camera.

No drivers for the camera as such I think - since your DV capture software should provide them once 2K 'sees' the camera...

-Your Comany Names Could Be Here-
e-mail for application details.

Status
Not open for further replies.