Running XP, cannot get desktop icons to show. The only way I can pull up a
program is through task manager and even then I cannot run my virus scan.
Tried opening in safe mode, no luck and I cannot access my control panel. Any
suggestions on how to fix.

Byte

Rightclick open area center of screen, highlight Arrange icons by>
and check Show Desktop icons.
--
I'm no expert, but I did stay at
the Holiday Inn Express last night.