Windows login authenticate via broadband connection

Hi All,

I have a little network that I want to setup that has 3 computers at remote
sites. All 3 have broadband (1mb connection) access, and I want the users to
be able to login at anysite.

I don't want to setup usernames and passwords locally, so I need to find a
way for windows login to pick up the information (username and passwords)
remotely (Over an IP address). I'm not bothered about the users accessing
files, I just want to authenticate them.

Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about windows login authenticate broadband connection

    You should post to one of the general networking newsgroups, perhaps
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely, if you're running Windows XP on
    the machines. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking
    hardware and software only, not general networking or working remotely.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Crispy" <Crispy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a little network that I want to setup that has 3 computers at
    > remote
    > sites. All 3 have broadband (1mb connection) access, and I want the users
    > be able to login at anysite.
    >
    > I don't want to setup usernames and passwords locally, so I need to find a
    > way for windows login to pick up the information (username and passwords)
    > remotely (Over an IP address). I'm not bothered about the users accessing
    > files, I just want to authenticate them.
    >
    > Please help

Routers Broadband Login Connection Networking