Help with Update

Help: My Laptop has not been updated for a long time. I checked for
updates and got a long list. I then applied my SP2 CD but that did
still left the same long list.
How do I clear the list of updates and then get a new list?

I installed XP on a laptop and get the same deal... lots of updates from
windows update, plus the updates from Toshiba, which are specific files for
buttons and hardware too!
Even after loading sp2 there's some 15 or so additional windows updates that
I also need to bring XP current.