regarding WEBCAMS quickcam pro 4000 by logitech

April 27, 2005 11:18:13 AM

Hello everyone I need a little help here,,I just received my webcam yesterday
and it will not install right I even unistalled it a couple of times and it
was the same.It says its not microsoft approved and plus everytime I log on
it says it has found new hardware my pc doesn't even know there's a webcam
attached to it???any help will be great thanks,,dodo
--
dodo
Anonymous

works fine here ;)

Perhaps you've plugged the camera in before installing the driver or
software package ?
Logitech has a removal procedure - you'll need to search their support pages
for it. The add/remove procedure doesn't completely uninstall it. Support
pages will more or less tell you to unplug the cam and how to search for
and find their lv* files to completely delete/remove all of the components.
Then after a reboot you can install the driver from the bin folder or the
complete program if I recall correctly reboot again and it should then ask
for you to plug in the camera.

"dodo128" <dodo128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone I need a little help here,,I just received my webcam
> yesterday
> and it will not install right I even unistalled it a couple of times and
> it
> was the same.It says its not microsoft approved and plus everytime I log
> on
> it says it has found new hardware my pc doesn't even know there's a webcam
> attached to it???any help will be great thanks,,dodo
> --
> dodo
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:04:39 PM

Yes, bumtracks is correct. You have to run the install CD that comes with
the camera, then reboot, and THEN plug in the camera when prompted, if you
didn't do so. I have the same camera.

--
Albert Sims
West Monroe,Louisiana

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:04:38 -0500, bumtracks <visiting@corner.bar> wrote:

> works fine here ;)
>
> Perhaps you've plugged the camera in before installing the driver or
> software package ?
> Logitech has a removal procedure - you'll need to search their support
> pages
> for it. The add/remove procedure doesn't completely uninstall it.
> Support
> pages will more or less tell you to unplug the cam and how to search for
> and find their lv* files to completely delete/remove all of the
> components.
> Then after a reboot you can install the driver from the bin folder or the
> complete program if I recall correctly reboot again and it should then
> ask
> for you to plug in the camera.
>
> "dodo128" <dodo128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello everyone I need a little help here,,I just received my webcam
>> yesterday
>> and it will not install right I even unistalled it a couple of times and
>> it
>> was the same.It says its not microsoft approved and plus everytime I log
>> on
>> it says it has found new hardware my pc doesn't even know there's a
>> webcam
>> attached to it???any help will be great thanks,,dodo
>> --
>> dodo

April 27, 2005 8:04:39 PM

thanks for your help , I just called logitech and they helped me out so it
works fine now they were great they talked me through the whole process.
--
dodo

"bumtracks" wrote:

> works fine here ;)
>
> Perhaps you've plugged the camera in before installing the driver or
> software package ?
> Logitech has a removal procedure - you'll need to search their support pages
> for it. The add/remove procedure doesn't completely uninstall it. Support
> pages will more or less tell you to unplug the cam and how to search for
> and find their lv* files to completely delete/remove all of the components.
> Then after a reboot you can install the driver from the bin folder or the
> complete program if I recall correctly reboot again and it should then ask
> for you to plug in the camera.
>
> "dodo128" <dodo128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone I need a little help here,,I just received my webcam
> > yesterday
> > and it will not install right I even unistalled it a couple of times and
> > it
> > was the same.It says its not microsoft approved and plus everytime I log
> > on
> > it says it has found new hardware my pc doesn't even know there's a webcam
> > attached to it???any help will be great thanks,,dodo
> > --
> > dodo

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:04:40 PM

thats what i did i inserted the cd first then i waited for it to tell me to
hook up the camera but it still wouldn't work and i never got an error report
it just said it didn't have the microsoft logo???thats why i called logitech
the techians were really nice and now its working like nothing was wrong with
it,,,,lol so who knows??but thanks albert for your help
--
dodo

"Albert Sims" wrote:

> Yes, bumtracks is correct. You have to run the install CD that comes with
> the camera, then reboot, and THEN plug in the camera when prompted, if you
> didn't do so. I have the same camera.
>
> --
> Albert Sims
> West Monroe,Louisiana
>
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:04:38 -0500, bumtracks <visiting@corner.bar> wrote:
>
> > works fine here ;)
> >
> > Perhaps you've plugged the camera in before installing the driver or
> > software package ?
> > Logitech has a removal procedure - you'll need to search their support
> > pages
> > for it. The add/remove procedure doesn't completely uninstall it.
> > Support
> > pages will more or less tell you to unplug the cam and how to search for
> > and find their lv* files to completely delete/remove all of the
> > components.
> > Then after a reboot you can install the driver from the bin folder or the
> > complete program if I recall correctly reboot again and it should then
> > ask
> > for you to plug in the camera.
> >
> > "dodo128" <dodo128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello everyone I need a little help here,,I just received my webcam
> >> yesterday
> >> and it will not install right I even unistalled it a couple of times and
> >> it
> >> was the same.It says its not microsoft approved and plus everytime I log
> >> on
> >> it says it has found new hardware my pc doesn't even know there's a
> >> webcam
> >> attached to it???any help will be great thanks,,dodo
> >> --
> >> dodo

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 11:26:59 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:05:58 -0500, dodo128
<dodo128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> thats what i did i inserted the cd first then i waited for it to tell me
> hook up the camera but it still wouldn't work and i never got an error
> report
> it just said it didn't have the microsoft logo???thats why i called
> logitech
> the techians were really nice and now its working like nothing was wrong
> with
> it,,,,lol so who knows??but thanks albert for your help

There are a lot of software programs that will pop up as not having the
Microsoft logo. As long as you know you have legit software, like
Logitech, you can pretty much ignore that pop up message and go ahead and
hit "Install Anyway", "Go", "Proceed", or whatever... you will still be
safe, and as long as the software is from the last three or so years, it
should install regardless. :-)

--
Albert Sims
West Monroe,Louisiana