page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

I am having an issue with the subject above. It has gotten so bad that i
cannot even get passed the Windows login before it goes to the blue screen
with the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, 0x50. Since I cannot even get windows
going what else can I do to fix the issue. I haven't installed any new
hardware yet I have only D/L a virus scan and a few other d/L's from
reputable sites. I need a tool that will search for problems and fix
problems from startup. If there is anyone who can help, keep in mind that I
am not that educated on the inner workings of Window XP Professional.
--
Thanks a bunch
The CAD Man

    I had this issue a while back. Tried everything, reinstalled XP several times
    before I found the problem: a bad RAM stick. I'll give you 5 to 1 that this
    is your problem too.

    Get this free program: http://www.memtest86.com/

    It goes on a CD and you boot from that CD to run the test. If you can't
    create a CD I think it can go on floppy too. Run it once with all RAM
    installed and if it fails, pull RAM one stick at a time and rerun test until
    you figure out which stick is bad. Test is time consuming but very accurate.
    If it fails you can be certain you have a bad stick.

    "smokinjoe" wrote:

    > I am having an issue with the subject above. It has gotten so bad that i
    > cannot even get passed the Windows login before it goes to the blue screen
    > with the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, 0x50. Since I cannot even get windows
    > going what else can I do to fix the issue. I haven't installed any new
    > hardware yet I have only D/L a virus scan and a few other d/L's from
    > reputable sites. I need a tool that will search for problems and fix
    > problems from startup. If there is anyone who can help, keep in mind that I
    > am not that educated on the inner workings of Window XP Professional.
    > --
    > Thanks a bunch
    > The CAD Man

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
    column(50):

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "smokinjoe" <smokinjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having an issue with the subject above. It has gotten so bad that i
    > cannot even get passed the Windows login before it goes to the blue screen
    > with the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, 0x50. Since I cannot even get
    > windows
    > going what else can I do to fix the issue. I haven't installed any new
    > hardware yet I have only D/L a virus scan and a few other d/L's from
    > reputable sites. I need a tool that will search for problems and fix
    > problems from startup. If there is anyone who can help, keep in mind that
    > am not that educated on the inner workings of Window XP Professional.
    > --
    > Thanks a bunch
    > The CAD Man

    Good Luck I just had this trouble last week and had to reinstall from scratch.

    Please post back any solutions, thanks.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
    > column(50):
    >
    > http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "smokinjoe" <smokinjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am having an issue with the subject above. It has gotten so bad that i
    > > cannot even get passed the Windows login before it goes to the blue screen
    > > with the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, 0x50. Since I cannot even get
    > > windows
    > > going what else can I do to fix the issue. I haven't installed any new
    > > hardware yet I have only D/L a virus scan and a few other d/L's from
    > > reputable sites. I need a tool that will search for problems and fix
    > > problems from startup. If there is anyone who can help, keep in mind that
    > > am not that educated on the inner workings of Window XP Professional.
    > > --
    > > Thanks a bunch
    > > The CAD Man

Windows XP