Tech: WGK7000 Vertical shrink

bill

Hi all,

Tonight a buddy and I finished rebuilding a WGk7000 chassis. It has a new
flyback, HOT, cap kit and even the little tantalum cap that all comes with
Bob's kit. The monitor is now back to life but it has a vertical display
issue. The flyback was replaced because the old one burned out and even
damaged a trace in the process which was repaired. My theory is that it
might have taken out some other part with it that is now causing my display
issue. Here's a picture of what I have.

http://www.msu.edu/~miekkawi/misc/xmenproblem.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Yeah we tried the card from the other side (which was working) and
there was no change in the status of the picture...

Josh

bill

Yep. It's got to be something on the chassis.
<joshers17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah we tried the card from the other side (which was working) and
> there was no change in the status of the picture...
>
> Josh

bill

Yep. It's got to be something on the chassis.
<joshers17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah we tried the card from the other side (which was working) and
> there was no change in the status of the picture...
>
> Josh

bill

Yep. It's got to be something on the chassis.
<joshers17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah we tried the card from the other side (which was working) and
> there was no change in the status of the picture...
>
> Josh

Replace IC3 (vertical output) and IC2. This should fix it.

no no no...lol sorry the remote card....sorry for the mix up..

Did you check the components on the burnt trace? Sounds like something
pulled excessive current through the trace. It may be that a component
shorted and caused the flyback to die. That could be the source of your
continuing problem. At least that's my 2 cents worth.

Mark

"Bill" <miekkawiREMOVETHIS@msu.edu> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Tonight a buddy and I finished rebuilding a WGk7000 chassis. It has a new
> flyback, HOT, cap kit and even the little tantalum cap that all comes with
> Bob's kit. The monitor is now back to life but it has a vertical display
> issue. The flyback was replaced because the old one burned out and even
> damaged a trace in the process which was repaired. My theory is that it
> might have taken out some other part with it that is now causing my
> display
> issue. Here's a picture of what I have.
>
> http://www.msu.edu/~miekkawi/misc/xmenproblem.jpg
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

joshers17@hotmail.com wrote:
> no no no...lol sorry the remote card....sorry for the mix up..

Yeah we're talking about the remote cards that you can adjust the
monitor with without having to actually get near the monitor. Swapping
those had no influence on the right side monitor so I assume it's
something on the chassis.