Need help with XP Home edition networkin workgroup

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a small home network with a workstation and a laptop,
both running WinXP SP2. I'm trying to set up so that I can share printer
(physically connected to workstation through USB cable), and have a shared
documents folder. Networking is done through an ADSL modem connected to a
router/DHCP server/WiFi/4 port LAN device. Network is OK, both machines
have Internet, both can see the other through LAN browsing (only TCP/IP
installed, no NetBEUI) and I can ping both ways by NetBIOS name and by IP
adress. (Both stations can also ping external FQDNs ans IP adresses.)
The problem is that I can access the "shared documents" folder on the laptop
from the workstation, but when I try the other way I'm denied access. I can
both read and write to the share on the laptop from the workstation. Trying
to access the workstation from the laptop by eithe mapping a drive (ie Net
use X: \\laptop\share) or by browsing through "my network places" I can see
the workstation, but trying to browse it gives an access denied message.
Firewall is turned off on the workstation and on on the laptop. Both have
been run the "set up small business or home networking wizard" several
times with no success. As far as I can see both machines are set up
identically regarding workgroup name, IP/sub gw etc.
I've tried this with WiFi and with cable, exactly same result, I don't think
this is a networking problem, I think it is uer rights. So I set up 2 new
accounts, one on each machine, gave them the same name and pw (both case
sensitive as given) and tried again. Both accounts administrators, same
situation; from workstation to laptop, all is hunky dory, the other way, no
dice.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance ;-)

Hans Poppe
--
Nil conscire sibi, nulla pallecere culpa!

With SP2 installed,have you edited the firewall and allowed in exceptions the
software or utilitys for the programs to run....