Please Help--Error Message on Open Application Programs

Tags:
  • Document
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
April 27, 2005 5:45:28 PM

XP Home Edition OS.
MS Office 97:
When opening a file, of type .doc or .xls, for example the file opens with
the following error message:
“A document with the name “Budget.xls’ is already open. You cannot open two
documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders.
To open the second document, either close the document that’s currently
open, or rename one of the documents.�

Trying to setup my EPSON Stylus Scan 2500, the following error message
appears when trying to scan:
"Cannot access the scanner because another application is using it or the
scanner is not ready. Please quit all scanning application and check to make
sure that the scanner is on.�

I believe these problems are related. Any suggestions on how to get around
them?

Best Regards, Scott =)

More about : error message open application programs

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 2:09:02 AM

Listen I just recently have the same problem with my epson perfection 1240U
scanner and I get pretty much the same error message when I try running it
through Control Panel. It wasn't always this way and I have no clue. If
someone can help you with this please forward the message to me I would
appreciate it. Thanks, Jakeshjo

!