File Transfer and settings???

April 27, 2005 7:07:15 PM

Ok I tryed to use File Transfer and settings to put All files and info form
a Clients Lap top to her new desktop comp.

I thought it worked but when I tryed to test Outlook I got file and Registry
Files not found and I could not find them at all. However I think that was
because I did not start outlook for the first time....(It was so Effed up
that I had to Reinstall WinXP Pro)
Anyway I did get arould this by using outlook's Backup function to make
a backup of outlooks settings Contacts and Emails. To make a Long story
short, I then used File Transfer and settings to then transfer the other
info under the custom settings......

Enyway I did not have a chance to properly check the files but they all
seemed there..... outlook looked fine now she says she cannot find her Alist
of Addresses and Contacts......
Did I have to use another folder other then the Personal one inorder to
backup her Data?
Anyway I did not do enything to the Laptop so the info was safe on it......
now She Informs my Mom NOT ME that she has removed files from the
laptop......

For her part can enyone tell me why the A list did not Transfer? think it
was in her Outlook.

and for me what can I do if enything was taken off her Laptop will the
Backup functions still work......

Also it is mighty frustrating to have your clients not do what you
suggest....... Appreciate help in that regard short of Wrapping there
nuckles....
---------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry
Muse--------------------------------------------------------
Had this with another client on Mac.... you see all the Info and programs
that they had where OS 9.2.2 compattable but one of the members of the board
of directors put in OS X as a Result the info was not available no was
there hardware.......
They then made me look like the Iddiot perposfully...... well I donot need
that so I quit......

More about : file transfer settings

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:15:45 PM

Open the address book, and use the File menu there to Import the old <username>.WAB file you will find on the old system.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Justin J.H.C. Schubert" <jjhcs1@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:%23hkozz2SFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Ok I tryed to use File Transfer and settings to put All files and info form a Clients Lap top to her new desktop comp.
>
> I thought it worked but when I tryed to test Outlook I got file and Registry Files not found and I could not find them at all.
> However I think that was because I did not start outlook for the first time....(It was so Effed up that I had to Reinstall WinXP
> Pro)
> Anyway I did get arould this by using outlook's Backup function to make a backup of outlooks settings Contacts and Emails. To
> make a Long story short, I then used File Transfer and settings to then transfer the other info under the custom settings......
>
> Enyway I did not have a chance to properly check the files but they all seemed there..... outlook looked fine now she says she
> cannot find her Alist of Addresses and Contacts......
> Did I have to use another folder other then the Personal one inorder to backup her Data?
> Anyway I did not do enything to the Laptop so the info was safe on it...... now She Informs my Mom NOT ME that she has removed
> files from the laptop......
>
> For her part can enyone tell me why the A list did not Transfer? think it was in her Outlook.
>
> and for me what can I do if enything was taken off her Laptop will the Backup functions still work......
>
> Also it is mighty frustrating to have your clients not do what you suggest....... Appreciate help in that regard short of Wrapping
> there nuckles....
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry
> Muse--------------------------------------------------------
> Had this with another client on Mac.... you see all the Info and programs that they had where OS 9.2.2 compattable but one of the
> members of the board of directors put in OS X as a Result the info was not available no was there hardware.......
> They then made me look like the Iddiot perposfully...... well I donot need that so I quit......

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:03:57 PM

Ok thanks........
She just told me this morning (My Client) that her A list is in her
<name>Personal Login for Windows........
she did not answer yes when I asked her if there was anything of any
importance on her other login file for windows....... Apparently that one
was critical........ Now she gets mad at me because it is not there.........
She is a Lawyer so I don't want to be liable for destroying Any files so I
do nothing except what she tells me to do........ SIGH and then she Blames
ME for it not being Finished.......Want to Choke her but she is the
Client.........

!