Can a computer put itself into safe mode? I think mine did. I have Windows
XP, Home Edition. I would like to know, how do you get your computer out of
safe mode, how do you remove safe mode? Can someone please give me
instructions? You'd be much appreciated.

On start-up,tap the F8 key,then select "start windows in normal mode".