Unlucky, but hope is there

Jabberwocky

Thought we played quite poor in the first half, but the second was a
different story. 1 - 0 was probably fair, but the ref definitely didn't give
us any favours in that game. Henry was his clinical best and keeping a clean
sheet was great.

Senderos showed his class today, a big step up for the kid.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thought we played quite poor in the first half, but the second was a
> different story. 1 - 0 was probably fair, but the ref definitely didn't
> give us any favours in that game. Henry was his clinical best and keeping
> a clean sheet was great.
>
> Senderos showed his class today, a big step up for the kid.

But you lost fullstop!

Jabberwocky

"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thought we played quite poor in the first half, but the second was a
>> different story. 1 - 0 was probably fair, but the ref definitely didn't
>> give us any favours in that game. Henry was his clinical best and keeping
>> a clean sheet was great.
>>
>> Senderos showed his class today, a big step up for the kid.
>>

> But you lost fullstop!

On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U did. And
chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really only liverpool
deservedly got through to the last 8.

We WON on the night though, 1 - 0, and nothing you say will dampen that
Gareth mate.

also (Turns sinister) I WORK FOR BT YAHOO BROADBAND, so don't piss me off
capice? ;-)

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:44:28 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thought we played quite poor in the first half, but the second was a
>>> different story. 1 - 0 was probably fair, but the ref definitely didn't
>>> give us any favours in that game. Henry was his clinical best and keeping
>>> a clean sheet was great.
>>>
>>> Senderos showed his class today, a big step up for the kid.
>>>

>> But you lost fullstop!

Who's this fullstop and how did they loose him? :)

>On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U did. And
>chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really only liverpool
>deservedly got through to the last 8.

Then again, Barcelona were given a dodgy penalty. Take that away and
Chelski would have still won by 3-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

Jabberwocky

"cluedweasel" <cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:44:28 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> But you lost fullstop!
>
> Who's this fullstop and how did they loose him? :)
>>>
>>On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U did. And
>>chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really only liverpool
>>deservedly got through to the last 8.
>>
> Then again, Barcelona were given a dodgy penalty. Take that away and
> Chelski would have still won by 3-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

dodgy pen? Fereira's HANDS were on top of the barca players head when it hit
his hand, if that's dodgy i'd like to know what you consider "Clear cut"

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:51:19 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"cluedweasel" <cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:44:28 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
>> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message

>> Who's this fullstop and how did they loose him? :)
>>>>
>>>On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U did. And
>>>chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really only liverpool
>>>deservedly got through to the last 8.
>>>
>> Then again, Barcelona were given a dodgy penalty. Take that away and
>> Chelski would have still won by 3-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.
>
>dodgy pen? Fereira's HANDS were on top of the barca players head when it hit
>his hand, if that's dodgy i'd like to know what you consider "Clear cut"

He had his back to the ball when it it. Anyway, the ESPN commentators

> On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U
> did. And chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really
> only liverpool deservedly got through to the last 8.

Oh, that's OK then, cause you scored more than United! What bollocks,
United were up against much tougher opponents and the two ties were
very different in nature and style. I'm gutted at United's result,
it's no consolation that Arsenal went out as well.

Chelsea deserved to get through, decisions tend to even themselves
out. Drogba shouldn't have been red carded in the first game, for
example.

> We WON on the night though, 1 - 0, and nothing you say will dampen
> that Gareth mate.

Not even the fact you were dumped out? We beat Real Madrid 4-3 a
couple of seasons ago, and do you know what it meant - sweet FA!

> also (Turns sinister) I WORK FOR BT YAHOO BROADBAND, so don't piss
> me off capice? ;-)

Heh... ;)

--
PG

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:40:01 GMT, Jabberwocky wrote:

> Thought we played quite poor in the first half, but the second was a
> different story. 1 - 0 was probably fair, but the ref definitely didn't give
> us any favours in that game. Henry was his clinical best and keeping a clean
> sheet was great.
>
> Senderos showed his class today, a big step up for the kid.

The ref was a wise and beautiful woman.

Big Phil is a rock. Been saying it for a few games now. The Swiss Tony
Adams!

I thought we was good for the win and deserved it in the end, when Kahn
made that save from Kolo's header....I knew it was slipping away....

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Jabberwocky

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U
>> did. And chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really
>> only liverpool deservedly got through to the last 8.
>
> Oh, that's OK then, cause you scored more than United! What bollocks,
> United were up against much tougher opponents and the two ties were
> very different in nature and style. I'm gutted at United's result,
> it's no consolation that Arsenal went out as well.

I do understand what your saying, we did score twice against kahn though,
and henry scored 5 goals from 8 CL games (one of his better tallies)

> Chelsea deserved to get through, decisions tend to even themselves
> out. Drogba shouldn't have been red carded in the first game, for
> example.

See, this is where i disagree, Drogba on that night fouled people after
getting his yellow, each one technically could have been another yellow, he
pulled a defender back to try to get through to score around 1.30 minutes
before he hit the keeper and if the roles were reversed, (defender had
pulled HIM back) it woulda been a straight red, so I think that foul was on
the refs mind when the next foul happened.

Like last night i was CERTAIN demichelis deserved sending off, but having
said that Bergkamp was lucky to stay on too.

>> We WON on the night though, 1 - 0, and nothing you say will dampen
>> that Gareth mate.
>
> Not even the fact you were dumped out? We beat Real Madrid 4-3 a
> couple of seasons ago, and do you know what it meant - sweet FA!

Well sure it means sweet FA, but even you have to admit that arsenals
defence has been shite recently, so keeping a clean sheet and senderos
playing extra well was a little bit of a cushion for me on the major blow :)
Kolo and Senderos (nice young centre back partnership)

>> also (Turns sinister) I WORK FOR BT YAHOO BROADBAND, so don't piss
>> me off capice? ;-)
>
> Heh... ;)
>
> --
> PG

Em Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:09:30 -0800, cluedweasel
<cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> escreveu:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:51:19 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "cluedweasel" <cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Who's this fullstop and how did they loose him? :)

>>> Then again, Barcelona were given a dodgy penalty. Take that away and
>>> Chelski would have still won by 3-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.
>>
>> dodgy pen? Fereira's HANDS were on top of the barca players head when
>> it hit
>> his hand, if that's dodgy i'd like to know what you consider "Clear cut"
>
> He had his back to the ball when it it. Anyway, the ESPN commentators
> said it was dodgy so that's good enough for me :)

and Drogba red card was unfair on my eyes

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:48:11 -0800, cluedweasel
<cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Then again, Barcelona were given a dodgy penalty. Take that away and
>Chelski would have still won by 3-1 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

A dodgy penalty ? That was the definition of a penalty.

-Nick

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:09:30 -0800, cluedweasel
<cluelessweasel@hotmail.com> wrote:

>He had his back to the ball when it it. Anyway, the ESPN commentators
>said it was dodgy so that's good enough for me :)

ESPN ? They call it soccer, right ?

-Nick

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:02:19 GMT, Jabberwocky wrote:

> "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
>> "Jabberwocky" <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> On Aggregate yes, but we scored 2 goals which is more than Man U
>>> did. And chelsea qualified by fouling the barca goalie, so really
>>> only liverpool deservedly got through to the last 8.
>>
>> Oh, that's OK then, cause you scored more than United! What bollocks,
>> United were up against much tougher opponents and the two ties were
>> very different in nature and style. I'm gutted at United's result,
>> it's no consolation that Arsenal went out as well.
>
> I do understand what your saying, we did score twice against kahn though,
> and henry scored 5 goals from 8 CL games (one of his better tallies)
>

>> Chelsea deserved to get through, decisions tend to even themselves
>> out. Drogba shouldn't have been red carded in the first game, for
>> example.
>
> See, this is where i disagree, Drogba on that night fouled people after
> getting his yellow, each one technically could have been another yellow, he
> pulled a defender back to try to get through to score around 1.30 minutes
> before he hit the keeper and if the roles were reversed, (defender had
> pulled HIM back) it woulda been a straight red, so I think that foul was on
> the refs mind when the next foul happened.
>
> Like last night i was CERTAIN demichelis deserved sending off, but having
> said that Bergkamp was lucky to stay on too.
>

>>> We WON on the night though, 1 - 0, and nothing you say will dampen
>>> that Gareth mate.
>>
>> Not even the fact you were dumped out? We beat Real Madrid 4-3 a
>> couple of seasons ago, and do you know what it meant - sweet FA!
>
> Well sure it means sweet FA, but even you have to admit that arsenals
> defence has been shite recently, so keeping a clean sheet and senderos
> playing extra well was a little bit of a cushion for me on the major blow :)
> Kolo and Senderos (nice young centre back partnership)

Sol and Big Phil will be even better.

--
- / - Daniel - / -