Dos commands in windows XP SP2

from dos prompt:

error:
'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program
or batch file.

I think this has to do with a problem in window xp varible settings.

If anyone can confirm this.

pls help

Thanks

What does set say?

"compunow" <compunow@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uZCoPF4SFHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> from dos prompt:
>
> error:
> 'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program
> or batch file.
>
> I think this has to do with a problem in window xp varible settings.
>
> If anyone can confirm this.
>
> pls help
>
> Thanks

hello,

forgive me but I did not know you were allowed to use the set command in
Windows XP. Now I know it is the path varibles that are hosed.

thanks
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
What does set say?

"compunow" <compunow@optonline.net> wrote in message
> from dos prompt:
>
> error:
> 'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program
> or batch file.
>
> I think this has to do with a problem in window xp varible settings.
>
> If anyone can confirm this.
>
> pls help
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS