New Computer

Can Any One Tell Me If I Can Install Xp From My Old Computer To A Newly
Bilt Computer, I Have Retale Xp Disc.

--
PAULFON

only if you take it off the old computer.
the EULA states you may run it on only one machine...even if it works just
fine on 2 machines.
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

PAULFON wrote:
> Can Any One Tell Me If I Can Install Xp From My Old Computer To A Newly
> Bilt Computer, I Have Retale Xp Disc.

Assuming a retail license (OEM licenses are not transferable),
simply remove WinXP from the computer it is currently on and then
install it on the new computer. If it's been more than 120 days since
you last activated that specific Product Key, the you'll most likely be
able to activate via the Internet without problem. If it's been less,
you might have to make a 5 minute phone call.

Here are the facts pertaining to activation:

Piracy Basics - Microsoft Product Activation
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/

Windows Product Activation (WPA)
http://www.aumha.org/a/wpa.htm

--